Yellowbrick invites you to peruse the read and download these articles of interest. More articles will be added in the coming months so please check back soon.
Pdf links are available for downloading and printing the articles.
NEUROBIOLOGY OF DEPRESSION
- Meta-analysis and meta-regression of omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acid supplementation for major depressive disorder
RJT Mocking, I Harmsen, J Assies, MWJ Koeter, HG Ruhé and AH Schene,
Translational Psychiatry (2016) 6, e756; doi:10.1038/tp.2016.29; published online 15 March 2016
- Adjunctive Nutraceuticals for Depression: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analyses
Jerome Sarris, Ph.D., M.H.Sc., Jenifer Murphy, Ph.D., David Mischoulon, M.D., Ph.D., George I. Papakostas, M.D., Maurizio Fava, M.D., Michael Berk, M.D., Ph.D., Chee H. Ng, M.D.
Am J Psychiatry, Volume 173 Issue 6, June 01, 2016, pp. 575-587
- Long-Term Efficacy, Safety, and Tolerability of l-Methylfolate Calcium 15 mg as Adjunctive Therapy With Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors: A 12-Month, Open-Label Study Following a Placebo-Controlled Acute Study
John M. Zajecka, MD,; Maurizio Fava, MD; Richard C. Shelton, MD; Lori W. Barrentine, MS, PA-C; Page Young, BSd; and George I. Papakostas, MD
J Clin Psychiatry, 77:5, May 2016
- L-Methylfolate as Adjunctive Therapy for SSRI-Resistant Major Depression: Results of Two Randomized, Double-Blind, Parallel-Sequential Trials
George I. Papakostas, M.D., Richard C. Shelton, M.D., John M. Zajecka, M.D., Bijan Etemad, M.D., Karl Rickels, M.D., Alisabet Clain, M.S., Lee Baer, Ph.D., Elizabeth D. Dalton, B.A., Garret R. Sacco, B.A., David Schoenfeld, Ph.D., Michael Pencina, Ph.D., Allison Meisner, M.A., Teodoro Bottiglieri, Ph.D., Erik Nelson, M.D., David Mischoulon, M.D., Ph.D., Jonathan E. Alpert, M.D., Ph.D., James G. Barbee, M.D., Sidney Zisook, M.D., and Maurizio Fava, M.D.
American Journal of Psychiatry December 2012, Vol. 169, No. 12, pp. 1267 - 1274
- L-Methylfolate: A Vitamin for Your Monomamines
Stephen M. Stahl, M.D. Ph.D.
J Clin Psychiatry, 69:9, September 2008
- Genomind White Paper, The Science Behind the Genecept Assay™
Genomind, Inc., 2200 rlenaissance Blvd., Suite 100, King of Prussia, PA, 19406, www.genomind.com
- What Is Psychodynamic Psychopharmacology? An Approach to Pharmacological Treatment Resistance
David Mintz, MD, and Barri A. Belnap, MD, pages 42 - 65
- Utility of Integrated Pharmacogenomic Testing to Support the Treatment of Major Depressive Disorder in a Psychiatric Outpatient Setting
Daniel K. Hall-Flavina, Joel G. Winnere,f, Josiah D. Allenf, Joseph M. Carhartf, Brian Proctord, Karen A. Snydera, Maureen S. Drewsb, Linda L. Eisterholda, Jennifer Geskec and David A. Mrazeka
Pharmacogenetics and Genomics 2013, Vol 00 No 00
- Correlation of Clinical Response With Homocysteine Reduction During Therapy With Reduced B Vitamins in Patients With MDD Who Are Positive for MTHFR C677T or A1298C Polymorphism: A Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Study
Arnold W. Mech, MD, and Andrew Farah, MD, DFAPA, J Clin Psychiatry dx.doi.org/10.4088/JCP.15m10166
- A Naturalistic Study of the Effectiveness of Pharmacogenetic Testing to Guide Treatment in Psychiatric Patients With Mood and Anxiety Disorders
Francis X. Brennan, PhD; Kathryn R. Gardner, MS; Jay Lombard, DO; Roy H. Perlis, MD, MSc; Maurizio Fava, MD; Herbert W. Harris, MD, PhD; and Rachel Scott, PharmD
The Primary Care Companion for CNS Disorders, Volume 17, Issue 2, 2014
© Copyright 2015 Physicians Postgraduate Press, Inc.
- Effectiveness of Deep Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation Combined with a Brief Exposure Procedure in Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder A Pilot Study
Moshe Isserles, Arieh Y. Shalev, Yiftach Roth, Tuvia Peri, Ilan Kutz, Elad Zlotnick, Abraham Zangen
Brain Stimulation 6 (2013) 377e383
- Deep transcranial magnetic stimulation (DTMS) in the treatment of major depression: An exploratory systematic review and meta-analysis
Karina Karolina, Helena Marie Gellersen , Anna Katharina Brachetti , Marcelo T. Berlim
Journal of Affectice Disorders, Nov. 15, 2015, Volume 187, Pages 73 - 83
- Efficacy and safety of deep transcranial magnetic stimulation for major depression: a prospective multicenter randomized controlled trial
Yechiel Levkovitz1, Moshe Isserles2, Frank Padberg3, Sarah H. Lisanby4, Alexander Bystritsky5, Guohua Xia6, Aron Tendler7, Zafiris J. Daskalakis8, Jaron L. Winston9, Pinhas Dannon10, Hisham M. Hafez11, Irving M. Reti12, Oscar G. Morales13, Thomas E. Schlaepfer14, Eric Hollander15, Joshua A. Berman16, Mustafa M. Husain17, Uzi Sofer18, Ahava Stein19, Shmulik Adler19, Lisa Deutsch20, Frederic Deutsch20, Yiftach Roth21, Mark S. George22, Abraham Zangen21
World Psychiatry, Volume 14 Number 1, February 2015, 64-73
- A Multisite, Naturalistic, Observational Study of Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS) for Patients With Pharmacoresistant Major Depressive Disorder: Durability of Benefit Over a 1-Year Follow-Up Period
Dunner, D.L., et als. (2014)
psychiatrist.com, J Clin Psychiatry 75:12, December 2014
- Daily Left Prefrontal Repetitive Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation for Acute Treatment of Medication-Resistant Depression
Mark S. George, M.D., Robert M. Post, M.D.
American Journal of Psychiatry, 168:356-364, April 2011
doi: 10.1176/appi.ajp.2010.10060864, © 2011 American Psychiatric Association
- What Is Neurofeedback:: An Update
D. Corydon Hammond
Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation, University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
Journal of Neurotherapy, 15:305–336, 2011
- Neuropsychiatry and quantitative EEG in the 21st Century
Robert W Thatcher
Neuropsychiatry Vol. 1, No. 5, Pages 495-514 , DOI 10.2217/npy.11.45
- Influence of Life Stress on Depression: Moderation by a Polymorphism in the 5-HTT Gene
Avshalom Caspi, Karen Sugden, Terrie E. Moffitt, Alan Taylor, Ian W. Craig, HonaLee Harrington, Joseph McClay, Jonathan Mill, Judy Martin, Antony Braithwaite and Richie Poulton
Science, New Series, Vol. 301, No. 5631 (Jul. 18, 2003), pp. 386-389
- The Re-emerging Role of Therapeutic Neuromodulation
Philip G. Janicak, MD, Sheila M. Dowd, PhD, Jeffrey T. Rado, MD, Mary Jane Welch, DNP, APRN, BC, CIP
Current Psychiatry Online, Vol. 9, No. 11 / November 2010
SCHIZOPHRENIA, BIPOLAR DISORDER & OCD
- Comprehensive Versus Usual Community Care for First-Episode Psychosis: 2-Year Outcomes From the NIMH RAISE Early Treatment Program
John M. Kane, M.D., Delbert G. Robinson, M.D., Nina R. Schooler, Ph.D., Kim T. Mueser, Ph.D., David L. Penn, Ph.D., Robert A. Rosenheck, M.D., Jean Addington, Ph.D., Mary F. Brunette, M.D., Christoph U. Correll, M.D., Sue E. Estroff, Ph.D., Patricia Marcy, B.S.N., James Robinson, M.Ed., Piper S. Meyer-Kalos, Ph.D., L.P., Jennifer D. Gottlieb, Ph.D., Shirley M. Glynn, Ph.D., David W. Lynde, M.S.W., Ronny Pipes, M.A., L.P.C.-S., Benji T. Kurian, M.D., M.P.H., Alexander L. Miller, M.D., Susan T. Azrin, Ph.D., Amy B. Goldstein, Ph.D., Joanne B. Severe, M.S., Haiqun Lin, M.D., Ph.D., Kyaw J. Sint, M.P.H., Majnu John, Ph.D., Robert K. Heinssen, Ph.D., A.B.P.P.
Am J Psychiatry. Volume 173 Issue 4, April 01, 2016, pp. 362-372
- A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis of Recovery in Schizophrenia
Erika Jääskeläinen, Pauliina Juola, Noora Hirvonen, John J. McGrath, Sukanta Saha, Matti Isohanni, Juha Veijola, and Jouko Miettunen, Schizophrenia Bulletin vol. 39 no. 6 pp. 1296–1306, 2013
- Early Mortality Among People With Schizophrenia
Delbert G. Robinson, M.D.
Am J Psychiatry, Volume 173 Issue 6, June 01, 2016, pp. 554-555
- Cognitive Impairment in Schizophrenia: Understanding the Neurobiology and Its Implications for Future Management
Anil K. Malhotra, M.D.; Stephen R. Marder, M.D.; Peter J. Weiden, M.D.
Current Psychiatry, White Paper Series, January 2015
- Program targets young adults
with home-based skill building
Gary Enos, Mental Health Weekly, DOI: 10.1002/mhw, Volume 26 Number 3, January 18, 2016, pages 1 and 4
- Talk Therapy Found to Ease Schizophrenia
By Benedict Carey, Oct. 20, 2015
The New York Times, Health, 2015
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder: Diagnosis, Epidemiology, Etiology, and Treatment
Sean A. Sassano-Higgins. M.D .• M.A .. and Michele T. Pato, M.D.
focus.psychiatryontine org, Vol. 13, No 2. Spring 2015, 13:129- 141; doi: 10.1176/appi.fOGl.1~130211
- The Bipolar Spectrum: Conceptions and Misconceptions
S Nassir Ghaemi and Shannon Dalley
focus.psychiatryonline.org, Volume 13 Issue 1, Winter 2015 pp. 75-84
- Cognitive Impairment in Schizophrenia: Understanding Prevalence, Magnitude, and Scope
Anil K. Malhotra, M.D.; Stephen R. Marder, M.D.; Peter J. Weiden, M.D.
Current Psychiatry, White Paper Series, November 2014
- Cognitive Impairment: Rediscovering a Core Element of Schizophrenia
Henry A. Nasrallah, M.D.; Peter J. Weiden, M.D.
Beyond Psychosis: Emerging Priorities in Schizophrenia Targeting Cognitive Impairment to Improve Functional Outcomes, Newsletter, June 2014, FORUM Pharmaceuticals. FP-0030 June 2014
- Early Identification of Bipolar Disorder
Rasim Somer Diler, MD, Medical Director, Inpatient Child and Adolescent Bipolar Services (In-CABS) Western Psychiatric Institute and Clinic of UPMC
UPMC Synergies - Fall 2012
BORDERLINE PERSONALITY DISORDER & PSYCHOTHERAPY
- Evaluating Three Treatments for Borderline Personality Disorder: A Multiwave Study
John F. Clarkin, Ph.D., Kenneth N. Levy, Ph.D., Mark F. Lenzenweger, Ph.D., and Otto F. Kernberg, M.D.
American Journal of Psychiatry, 164:922-928, June 2007 doi: 10.1176/appi.ajp.164.6.922 © 2007 American Psychiatric Association
- Suicide risk and absconding in psychiatric hospitals with and without open door policies: a 15 year, observational study
Dr Christian G Huber, MD, Andres R Schneeberger, MD, Eva Kowalinski, MD, Daniela Fröhlich, MA, Stefanie von Felten, PhD, Marc Walter, MD, Martin Zinkler, MD, Prof Karl Beine, MD, Prof Andreas Heinz, MD, Prof Stefan Borgwardt, MD, Prof Undine E Lang, MD
www/thelancet.com/psychiatry Published online July 28, 2016 http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/S2215-0366(16)30168-7
- Risk of suicide after a concussion
Michael Fralick MD BScH, Deva Thiruchelvam MSc, Homer C. Tien MD MSc,
Donald A. Redelmeier MD MS(HSR)
CMAJ Podcasts: author interview at https://soundcloud.com/cmajpodcasts/150790-res
CMAJ 2016. DOI:10.1503/cmaj.150790
- Prospective Predictors of Suicidal Behavior in Borderline Personality Disorder at 6-Year Follow-Up
Paul H. Soloff, M.D. Laurel Chiappetta, M.S.
American Journal of Psychiatry, 169:5. May 2012
- Psychotherapy and its Role in Psychiatric Practice: A Position Paper. I. Psychiatry as a Psychobiological Discipline
SHAPIRO, YAKOV; JOHN, NICHOLAS; SCOTT, ROWAN; TOMY, NADIA
Journal of Psychiatric Practice, Volume 22, Number 3, 1 May 2016, pp. 221-231(11)
- Effectiveness of Long-term Psychodynamic Psychotherapy A Meta-analysis
Falk Leichsenring, DSc; 2. Sven Rabung, PhD
Journal of the American Medical Association, 2008;300(13):1551-1565. doi: 10.1001/jama.300.13.1551
- The Efficacy of Psychodynamic Psychotherapy
Jonathan Shedler, University of Colorado Denver School of Medicine
- The Right Brain Is Dominant in Psychotherapy
Allan N. Schore
Psychotherapy, 2014, Vol. 51, No. 3, 388–397
- Mortality Rates in Patients With Anorexia Nervosa and Other Eating Disorders
A Meta-analysis of 36 Studies
Jon Arcelus, LMS, MSc, FRCPsych. PhD; Alex J. Mitchell, MRC:Psych; Jackie Wales, BA; Soren Nielsen, MD
Archives of General Psychiatry, Vol. 68 (NO 7), July 2011, pages 724-731
- A Longitudinal Investigation of Mortality in Anorexia Nervosa and Bulimia Nervosa
Debra L. Franko, Ph.D., Aparna Keshaviah, Sc.M., Kamryn T. Eddy, Ph.D., Meera Krishna, B.A., Martha C. Davis, B.A., Pamela K. Keel, Ph.D., David B. Herzog, M.D.
Am J Psychiatry 170:8, August 2013
- The Need for Complex Ideas in Anorexia Nervosa: Why Biology, Environment, and Psyche All Matter, Why Therapists Make Mistakes, and Why Clinical Benchmarks Are Needed for Managing Weight Correction
Michael Strober, PhD, Craig Johnson, PhD
International Journal of Eating Disorders 45:2 155–178 2012
- Neural Circuitry of Impaired Emotion Regulation in Substance Use Disorders
Claire E. Wilcox, M.D., Jessica M. Pommy, M.S., Bryon Adinoff, M.D.
American Journal of Psychiatry,
Volume 173, Issue 4, April 01, 2016, pp. 344-361
- Concurrent and Sustained Cumulative Effects of Adolescent Marijuana Use on Subclinical Psychotic Symptoms
Jordan Bechtold, Ph.D., Alison Hipwell, Ph.D., David A. Lewis, M.D., Rolf Loeber, Ph.D., Dustin Pardini, Ph.D.
Am J Psychiatry, Volume 173, Issue 8, August 01, 2016, pp. 781-789
- Effects of Cannabis Use on Human Behavior, Including Cognition, Motivation, and Psychosis: A Review
Nora D. Volkow, MD; JamesM. Swanson, PhD; A. Eden Evins, MD; Lynn E. DeLisi, MD; Madeline H. Meier, PhD; Raul Gonzalez, PhD; Michael A. P. Bloomfield, MRCPsych; H. Valerie Curran, PhD; Ruben Baler, PhD
JAMA Psychiatry. 2016;73(3):292-297. doi:10.1001/jamapsychiatry.2015.3278 Published online February 3, 2016.
- Continued versus discontinued cannabis use in patients with psychosis: a systematic review and meta-analysis
Tabea Schoeler, MS , Anna Monk, MSc , Musa B Sami, MD , Ewa Klamerus, BSc , Enrico Foglia, BSc , Ruth Brown, MSc , Giulia Camuri, MD , Prof A Carlo Altamura, MD , Prof Robin Murray, FRCPsych, Dr Sagnik Bhattacharyya, PhD
Lancet Psychiatry 2016: Volume 3, No. 3, p215–225, March 2016, Published Online: 14 January 2016
- Smoking and Mental Illness: Strategies to Increase Screening, Assessment, and Treatment
Douglas Ziedonis, M.D., M.P.H., Smita Das, M.D., Ph.D., M.P.H., Makenzie Tonelli, B.A.
focus.psychiatryontine org, Volume 13 Issue 3, Summer 2015, pp. 290-306
- Discontinuation of Cannabis and Outcome in Bipolar Disorder
I. Zorrilla, J. Aguado, J.M. Haro, S. Barbeito, S. Lopez Zurbano, A. Ortiz, P. Lopez, A Gonzalez-Pinto
Acta Psychiatrica Scandinavica 2015: 131: 100-110
- Cannabis-Related Episodic Memory Deficits and Hippocampal Morphological Differences in Healthy Individuals and Schizophrenia Subjects
Matthew J. Smith, Derin J. Cobia, James L. Reilly, Jodi M. Gilman, Andrea G. Roberts, Kathryn I. Alpert,1 and Lei Wang, Hans C. Breiter, John G. Csernansky
HIPPOCAMPUS 00:1–10 (2015)
- Marijuana and Adolescence: What Can We Learn From Primates?
New York State Psychiatric Institute at Columbia University
Cheryl Corcoran, M.D.
American Journal of Psychiatry, 171:4. April 2014
- Cannabis Revisited
Antoine Douaihy, MD, Associate Professor of Psychiatry, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Medical Director of Addiction Medicine Services, Western Psychiatric Institute and Clinic of UPMC
UPMC Synergies, Fall 2013
- Effects of Chronic, Heavy Cannabis Use on Executive Functions
Rebecca D. Crean, PhD, Susan F. Tapert, PhD, Arpi Minassian, PhD, Kai MacDonald, MD, Natania A. Crane, BA, and Barbara 1. Mason, PhD
Journal of Addiction Medicine, Vol. 5, No. 1 / March 2011
- An Evidence-Based Review of Acute and Long-Term Effects of Cannabis Use on Executive Cognitive Functions
Rebecca D. Crean. PhD. Natania A. Crane. BA. and Barbara 1. Mason. PhD
Journal of Addiction Medicine, Vol. 5, No. 1 / March 2011
- The Effect of Marijuana Use on the Risk for Schizophrenia
A. Eden Evins, MD, MPH; Alan I. Green, MD; John M. Kane, MD; and Sir Rabin M. Murray, MD, DSc, FRCp, FRCPsych, FMedSci, FRS
Journal of Clinical Psychiatry, Nov. 2012, 73(11):1463-1468 10.4088/JCP.12012co1c
- The Influence of Substance Use on Adolescent Brain Development
L. M. Squeglia, B.A., J. Jacobus, B.A., and S. F. Tapert, Ph.D.
NIH Public Access
Published in final edited form as: Clin EEG Neurosci. 2009 January ; 40(1): 31–38.
At Yellowbrick, emerging adults find their way home.
If you or someone you know could benefit from the community-based treatment programs available at Yellowbrick, please contact Yellowbrick today at 866.364.2300.