Yellowbrick Statement on Coronavirus
The safety and wellness of our patients, families and staff is always our main concern, so we wanted to keep you updated on the precautions we are taking at The Residence and The Consultation & Treatment Center.
90% of Yellowbrick staff have been vaccinated twice with the Moderna vaccine!
As we all know, the Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation has been changing almost on a daily basis and if you're like us, you've been keeping up with the new information as it comes out.
We are continuing to admit patients with increased precautions and will continue to do so until further notice. There are often serious health risks associated with not entering into treatment at Yellowbrick for our patients.
Across our settings we have implemented:
- Yellowbrick has on-site testing available with results received within 48 hours. Test kits are sent to all prospective patients and their families before arrival. Patients or staff who have any symptoms are tested and sent home awaiting results. Staff and patients are randomly tested as possible asymptomatic carriers.
- Yellowbrick has purchased Medify air purifiers placed in community areas. Medify purifiers clear 99.9% of particles as small as .01 micron, including viruses, covering 850 square feet each.
- We have increased housekeeping and sanitizing procedures for infection control, specifically in areas of high usage such as door handles, communal areas, etc.
- We have increased sanitary supplies including antibacterial soap, hand sanitizers, bleach, and disinfectant sprays.
- We have increased cleaning and maintenance for a complete and thorough wipe down of all residence and common areas at The CTC.
- We have implemented additional staff training and education on appropriate hygiene protocols and all staff are aware of all prevention, management, and containment protocols.
- All employees who have had potential contact with an affected person or show any potential signs and symptoms of illness and especially COVID-19 will be sent home and not allowed to return until cleared medically. (Symptoms are fever, coughing and respiratory issues)
- No site visits or tours will be allowed until deemed appropriate.
- Yellowbrick's national conference co-sponsored with The Menninger Clinic scheduled for March 20th was cancelled.
- All travel by Yellowbrick staff is cancelled until further notice.
For our patients we have and will be implementing:
Yellowbrick has the capacity to contain an individual who develops symptoms, separating them from the rest of the community until medical guidance determines further actions.
Yellowbrick has the capacity to shift to video teleconferencing for individual and group treatments as necessary.
We are constantly monitoring daily updates
From the CDC as well as the Illinois Department of Health, key government, regulatory, and local entities for the latest information and guidelines. As a treatment center, we already follow incredibly strict health and safety guidelines including frequent sanitation and medical infection control procedures. We want to keep everyone updated and aware of how we are continuously working to keep up with the changing guidelines as they come out. Our goal is to continue to provide the best care for our clients and staff in the safest way possible.
Parents as Partners Weekend:
At Yellowbrick, we take the safety of our patients, families and staff very seriously. With that in mind, we cancelled PAP Weekend (3/13-15), and may cancel the next one (4/10-12) depending on the situation at the time. Regarding the cancellations, we had Dr. Jessup as Director of Family Services & Systems contact any families that were planning on attending to explain the situation and offer support.